I have $10.00
1. Buy a bed net for a child in Africa. Malaria is a leading killer of children in Africa. For $10 NothingButNets will purchase, send and provide information and follow-up on using the net, which is a simple live-saving solution.
2. Why not give your $10 to an organization that can make it go really far? Heart to Heart International knows how to do that. Their operating expenses are low and 98% of your donation goes directly to their humanitarian/health programs and services. They have strategic partnerships that enable them to transform every $1 cash donation into an average of $25 worth of medical aid for people in need. They have been ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the five most efficient charities. Click here to donate. You'll see different options for giving and you can simply type in $10.
3. Libraries are dear to my heart, and perhaps dear to yours as well. That's why I am including the Lubuto Library Project which provides literacy and library services to Zambia's orphans and vulnerable children. It started with a "street kids library" at the end of the 1990s. They don't have a $10 category on the donation page, but you can enter it under Other. Or... you could give more....
4. "Land rights" may be an unfamiliar concept to you, but Landesa explains it well on their colorful website. Owning a piece of land can be the key to ending poverty and hunger for may people around the world. Land rights are also considered to be one of the best first steps to sustainable economic growth in many countries. Like other options on this page, you'll have to check the "other" box to give $10, but that's easy enough to do, and this site offers a Paypal option making it super easy to do.
5. NEW in 2018 - What does an acre of land mean to you? Are you interested in saving five acres of a tropical habitat? The RainForest Trust works to purchase and protect tropical forests in such diverse places as Ghana, Costa Rica, Cambodia, Nepal and Papua New Guinea. Click here to see where you can save five acres.