I have $75.00
- I cannot say enough here to describe the many worthy endeavors of KickStart in their mission to change the way the world fights poverty. Quickly, cost-effectively, and sustainably are three words to describe how they operate programs in Africa to put an end to poverty. They are currently focusing on rural areas of Kenya, Tanzania, Mali and Burkina Faso. Take your $75 and donate it to the Innovation Fund which enables KickStart to develop and test new products and services that will help more smallholder farmers leave poverty behind faster. Take some time to read about their methodology and the products they are developing and click here to make your donation. Updated 6/24/14: Or... take just $65 dollars to lift one person out of poverty with a sustainable means for continued income generation.
- All kinds of folks need help and here in the United States elderly Native Americans are a group that are often overlooked when we think about giving. Adopt-A-Native-Elder Program supports over 500 traditional Elders living in the northern portion of Arizona and Southern Utah. They are Navajo (Dine). They have an informative website and have lots of opportunities to give or volunteer, but today I am directing you here. Scroll down and find the Rainbow Food Box Set which will be delivered at their next food run. Other great options as well! Updated 6/24/14: The cost of the Rainbow Food Box Set is now $103. However, many new options are available, and you can certainly put your $75 to use here by combining a few of the other options.
- BuildOn helps people in developing countries by increasing their self-reliance through education. One of the places they work is Malawi. Buildon has constructed 54 schools in Malawi since 1993. Updated 6/24/14: There are now 91 schools in Malawi!! How wonderful is that? Click here to to donate (and see what $80 will do) and/or read about the other options and the many programs BuildOn runs.
- There are many children who have been orphaned by AIDS in African countries. Keep A Child Alive focuses on these children and your donation of $75 can provide a place to live, and health care for one month in Soweto, South Africa. Click here to read more and donate.
- Everyone deserves a second chance and Operation Second Chance offers opportunities to our wounded, injured and ill Veterans. If this is a cause that resonates with you, use your $75 to cover utilities for a Veteran. Note that there are other options which include food for a service dog or paying rent.